I have downloaded the available pdf chapter from O’Reilly site.
And here is my understanding about File System API
1. Apollo is multi OS runtime.This means its syntax will run in any OS.
2. There is a new Object File (flash.filesystem.File).
Its properties are
3. File.documentsDirectory, as the name suggests is the My documents directory in Windows and Documents subdirectory of user in Mac.
4. There are two versions of some methods of the File class.They are synchronous and asynchronous.
5. Asynchronous methods are below listed.
6. Asynchronous methods run in the background allowing other scripts to run.
7. File.listDirectory() method returns a list of directories or files in a particular directory in the form of an array.However it does not return an subdirectories and its contents.
8. File or directory info using File object properties
9. Files or directories created using methods File.createTempFile() and File.createTempDirectory() are not deleted automatically.
10. Files and directories can be deleted using File.deleteFile() method.